Acupuncture, Western Herbal Medicine
As owner and practitioner of the Jacaranda Therapies Fiona is a very experienced Acupuncturist and Herbalist with a keen interest in Nutrition, she has worked and studied in the health and disease field for more than
Begining her career in Natural Medicine working in a rural community as a locum, Fiona followed this by working in an
Fiona’s wealth of experience in health care practice means she has treated a whole range of different conditions whilst
The combination of therapies enables Fiona to have a useful base from which to aid you in both “dis-ease” prevention and treatment whilst achieving better health and wellbeing.
- Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner – Bachelor of Acupuncture
- Diploma of Medical Herbalism
- Registered Member of Chinese Medicine Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellow of Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA)
- Full Practitioner Member of National Herbalists Association (NHAA)
- Full Member of Australian Naturopathic Association (ANPA)
Psychologist (Medicare approved) Acceptance Commitment Therapy, Children/Adults/Families
Tegan aims to teach people how to handle challenging moments in life (the things you want to control but can’t) and get connected with what you want, and need, to live a rich and meaningful life.
- Grief and loss
- Parenting support
- Parent/child relationship concerns
- Social difficulties (child and adult)
- Relationship concerns
- Sleep difficulties
Tegan has trained in a variety of therapeutic models including Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). Tegan is also trained in Circle of Security (COS), Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Family Therapy and Strengths-based Therapy. All of these treatment methods are renowned for their solid foundations in research and clinical trials and are considered effective treatments for many mental health issues for many clinical groups.
Tegan is a registered Psychologist with nearly 10 years experience in the field of mental health, child protection and alternate care. She has been working as a private Therapist for over a year and has growing interests and skills in supporting people living with Anxiety.
Starting as a Child Safety Officer, Tegan then progressed to an Alternate Care/Foster Carer Support worker, a Placement Support/Senior Youth worker, through to being the Goodna Therapeutic Residential Services Therapist in 2009 before starting as a Mental Health Clinician with the Child and Youth Mental Health Service – Evolve Therapeutic Services in 2010. Tegan has also worked as a
Tegan has worked in both government and non-government
- General registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Associate membership with Australian Psychological Society
- Private Health care rebates may also apply for some individuals.
- Full Professional Indemnity Insurance
Herbal Medicine, Naturopathy
Bettina joins the clinic with almost 20 years of clinical experience. Coming from a background in nursing not only in
With a passion for herbs, even in the garden, she went on to teach Herbal Medicine and has been doing so at the Endeavour College of Natural Health since 2003. After completing a Masters in Health Science at UNE in 2007, Bettina continues to guide her students and patients. Supervising final year students in a clinical environment with a focus upon the diverse use of herbs, as well as empowering you as a patient to trust your capacity for self-care is a priority in her approach.
As current president of the Queensland Herb Society, she is responsible for
What about managing your diet to reduce PMT symptoms? Or even understanding which missing nutrients are responsible for those cravings? Have you ever wanted to know what the coating on your tongue means? Bettina can tell you whether you are having trouble focusing, pushing yourself too hard, or even if there is a link between your stress and your digestion just from your tongue. Using this and other diagnostic techniques
Bettina uses Naturopathy and Nutrition to aid in treating the following:
- Eczema/ Dermatitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis/osteoarthritis
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Menstrual irregularities – such as extremely heavy bleeding, cycle irregularities, PMT
- Immune disturbances – such as acute on chronic recurring infections in both children and adults
- Nervous system imbalances
- Food allergies and intolerances
- General feelings of dis-ease caused by poor stress tolerance
- Masters in Health Science
Graduate Diploma in Health Science (Herbal medicine)
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Advanced Diploma / Naturopathy
- Full member Naturopath and Herbalist Association of Australian (NHAA) – Member No. 155797
Start your journey to better health today
OR CALL (07) 3367 0266 / 0403779983